As a NADD member you will be exposed to state-of-the-art mental health care and treatment for persons with developmental disabilities. You will be provided with up to date information on assessment, diagnosis, psychopharmacology, therapy, program models, staff training, research, family issues and other mental health aspects concerning individuals who have developmental disabilities. Also, your membership provides a great opportunity to network with others who have similar interests.
Membership benefits include:
- NADD Bulletin: The NADD Bulletin is the official publication of NADD. This 20 page periodical is published bi-monthly and features three articles addressing clinical, programmatic, research or family oriented issues concerning mental health aspects in persons with disabilities. NADD Members can view all past Bulletins online by clicking here.
- Research Journal: The Journal of Mental Health Research in Intellectual Disabilities, published quarterly.
- Conference Discounts on all regional, national and international conferences (click here for conference information).
- Centralized Information and Referral Services: NADD can assist you with identifying and locating needed resources. We can help you in your search for appropriate services, i.e., residential, mental health treatment, etc.
- Chapter Membership: When you become a NADD member, if there is a chapter in your area, you will automatically become a member of that chapter. There is no additional charge to members for chapter affiliation and you are entitled to all chapter benefits.
- Education and Training Materials: Discounts on all NADD educational material which include books, audio tapes and CD’s and video tapes (click here to enter the NADD store).
- Voting Rights: NADD members are eligible to vote for the Board of Directors. Your vote counts in the leadership of NADD.
- NADD Membership Card & Lapel Pin: You can proudly wear your NADD Lapel Pin.
- Networking: Enables you to network with other professionals, care providers and families who share your concern in the field of Dual Diagnosis.
- Access to AchieveLinks, a unique program that offers rewards for ordinary purchases and activities
- Opportunity to be part of the worlds leading organization in it’s ongoing efforts towards advancing mental wellness for persons with developmental disabilities through the promotion of excellence in mental health care.
As an additional benefit of membership, NADD is providing selected trainings – originally offered as NADD teleconference trainings – to be downloaded to their computers or MP3 players at no cost. PowerPoint slides or other handouts will also be available to download. Every three months a different training is offered.
Previous offerings have included:
- Asssessment of Capacity to Give Informed Consent.with Martin Lyden, PhD.
- Are Psychiatric Disorders Establishing Operations: Functional Assessment and Persons with Dual Diagnosis with Daniel Baker, PhD and Richard Blumberg, PhD.
Information about downloading trainings is provided in new member packets. Current members with questions about accessing the trainings may contact the NADD office.
“The NADD competency-based clinical certification has provided me with an avenue to verify a dual diagnosis specialty. My ability to provide clinical supports to individuals supported both by medical assistance and private insurances has been expanded by allowing me to gain access to closed insurance networks. These networks had been closed to me prior to receiving this certification, allowing this population to remain largely unserved outside of community mental health centers.”
Alyse Kerr, MS, NCC, LPC, NADD-CC
NADD Membership Offer
NADD is offering a special introductory new member rate of $99 for 2013.
For a limited time period, NADD has reduced the new individual member fee from $125 to $99. This is a 20% savings available for new NADD members.
Act NOW and SAVE!
Click here to join.
Click here to read about the benefits of NADD membership.
Accreditation and Certification
An important, pioneering effort to improve clinical, programmatic, and policy procedures and supports.
By establishing standards, the NADD Accreditation and Certification Programs will raise the whole field of dual diagnosis, improving competency and improving how services are delivered, resulting in a better quality of life for individuals with co-occurring ID/MH and MI through improved services.
Click here for details
Available in the NADD Store:
Comprehensive Competence-Based Parenting Assessment
Mental Health & Intellectual Disability: A Training Manual in Dual Diagnosis
Psychotherapy for Individuals with Intellectual Disability
Click here for the Top 100 Products from NADD
Sign up for the NADD Mailing List