Volume XI – Number 1
- Project SEARCH: A Model Program for Integration of Mental Health Treatment into an Adult Employment Program for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities Susan M. Franer RN, MSN CNS; Jennifer Linnabary, MA, LPCPrecision And Unfairness Of The Pdd-Autism Diagnosis Jacques Thivierge M.D.
The intersection of best practice in dual diagnosis and positive psychology Daniel J. Baker, Ph.D.; E. Richard Blumberg, Ph.D.
Volume XI – Number 2
- The Mostly “Off Label” Use Of Psychoactive Drugs In Children And Adolescents With Autistic Spectrum Disorders And /Or Intellectual Disability – Howard Demb, M.D; Tammy Fried, LMSWGraduate Training in the Mental Health Needs of People with Intellectual Disability (ID): Preparing the Next Generation – Nancy J. Razza, Ph.D.
Our Ten Biggest Mistakes—What Can We Do About Them? – Ann R. Poindexter, M.D. F.A.A.P.
Volume XI – Number 3
- Supporting People at Risk of Unlawful Behavior – Marc Goldman, M.S.Practical Behavioral Solutions to Enhancing Healthcare with Persons with Dual Diagnoses – Jeff Marinko-Shrivers, Ph.D.; Jeanie Zsambok, Ph.D.
Assessing Mental Health Concerns in Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities – Karen L. Hobden, Ph.D.; Barbara W. LeRoy, Ph.D.
Volume XI – Number 4
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: Diagnosis and Treatment – Jarrett Barnhill, MDA Combination of Procedures in the Reduction of Aberrant Behaviors with an Adult with Autism – Greg Handel, Sokhalay Thy and Katie Carsone
Poetry Therapy with Adults with Intellectual Disabilities – Lois Campbell, Ph.D.
Volume XI – Number 5
- Combating the NIMBY Phenomenon: Considerations for the Community Integration of People with Developmental Disabilities – Kyle Caler, Master’s Candidate, Temple University, School of Social AdministrationDevelopmental Disability Psychiatric Hospitalizations in Los Angeles Using Treatment and Prevention Models – Stephen Mouton, Psy.D., Clinical Psychologist, San Gabriel Pomona Regional Center for Developmental Disabilities
The Reduction of Aberrant Behaviors Following the Removal of Aversive Procedures – Greg Handel; Renee Briggs; Nicole Connolly, The Halcyon Center
Review of Making Sense of Autism – Michael J. Scharr, MS; Norman A. Wieseler, Ph.D.; Ronald H. Hanson, Ph.D., Minnesota Department of Human Services
Volume XI – Number 6
- Combining Parent Education in Positive Behavior Support and Optimism Training to Improve Child and Family Outcomes – Meme Hieneman, Kristin Knapp-Ines, & V. Mark DurandEmbracing change, moving in new directions – Elizabeth Yeager MS, MA; Pene Weber BA; Isaiah Urbino
Community Bridge-Building as Inculturation – Rev. Canon Dr. Nigel Rooms; Diocese of Southwell and Nottingham, UKl Peter Bates; National Development Team for Inclusion, UK
“The NADD competency-based clinical certification has provided me with an avenue to verify a dual diagnosis specialty. My ability to provide clinical supports to individuals supported both by medical assistance and private insurances has been expanded by allowing me to gain access to closed insurance networks. These networks had been closed to me prior to receiving this certification, allowing this population to remain largely unserved outside of community mental health centers.”
Alyse Kerr, MS, NCC, LPC, NADD-CC
NADD Membership Offer
NADD is offering a special introductory new member rate of $99 for 2013.
For a limited time period, NADD has reduced the new individual member fee from $125 to $99. This is a 20% savings available for new NADD members.
Act NOW and SAVE!
Click here to join.
Click here to read about the benefits of NADD membership.
Accreditation and Certification
An important, pioneering effort to improve clinical, programmatic, and policy procedures and supports.
By establishing standards, the NADD Accreditation and Certification Programs will raise the whole field of dual diagnosis, improving competency and improving how services are delivered, resulting in a better quality of life for individuals with co-occurring ID/MH and MI through improved services.
Click here for details
Available in the NADD Store:
Comprehensive Competence-Based Parenting Assessment
Mental Health & Intellectual Disability: A Training Manual in Dual Diagnosis
Psychotherapy for Individuals with Intellectual Disability
Click here for the Top 100 Products from NADD
Sign up for the NADD Mailing List