The NADD Accreditation and Certification Programs
Developed in association with The National Association of State Directors of Developmental Disabilities Services (NASDDDS)
Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) and mental illness (MI) have complex needs and present clinical challenges to the professionals, programs, and systems that provide care to these individuals. In an effort to raise the level of care, as well as to provide recognition to those programs and professionals offering quality care, NADD, in association with NASDDDS, has introduced three interrelated programs:
- The NADD Accreditation Program - for agencies and programs that provide services to individuals with IDD/MI
- The NADD Competency-Based Clinical Certification Program - for clinicians who provide services to individuals with IDD/MI
- The NADD Competency-Based Direct-Support Professional Certification Program - for Direct Support Professionals who provide care to individuals with IDD/MI
- NADD Accreditation and Certification Program – Charles Moseley, EdD, Associate Executive Director, NASDDDS
- NADD Accreditation - Hugh Sage, PhD, Executive Director, Liberty of Oklahoma/Robert M. Greer Center
- NADD Competency-Based Clinical Certification – Alyse Kerr, MS, NCC, LPC, NADD-CC
- NADD Competency-Based Direct Support Professional Certification – Susan O’Nell
- NADD Competency-Based Direct Support Professional Certification – Erin Paul, NADD-DSP
NADD Membership Requirement:
Organizations seeking accreditation and individuals seeking Clinical or DSP certification must have NADD membership before they can apply for accreditation or certification. Individuals who work for an organization that has a NADD organizational membership are considered members for this requirement. Be sure to have your individual or organizational NADD membership number when you are completing your application. If you do not know your membership number, you may call the NADD office (800-331-5362) for assistance. To join NADD now, click here.
NADD Accreditation Program
- The NADD Accreditation Program Executive Summary
- The NADD Accreditation Program Manual
- NADD Accredited Programs
NADD Competency-Based Clinical Certification Program
- The NADD Competency-Based Clinical Certification Program Executive Summary
- The NADD Competency-Based Clinical Certification Program Manual
- NADD Certified Clinicians
NADD Competency-Based Direct Support Professional Certification Program
- The NADD Competency-Based Direct Support Professional Certification Program Executive Summary
- The NADD Competency-Based Direct Support Professional Certification Program Manual
- NADD Certified DSP’s
Brochure about these programs
Questions and Additional Information
If you have questions or need additional information, you can contact Ed Seliger, Project Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org (phone: 800-331-5362 or 845-331-4336).
“The NADD competency-based clinical certification has provided me with an avenue to verify a dual diagnosis specialty. My ability to provide clinical supports to individuals supported both by medical assistance and private insurances has been expanded by allowing me to gain access to closed insurance networks. These networks had been closed to me prior to receiving this certification, allowing this population to remain largely unserved outside of community mental health centers.”
Alyse Kerr, MS, NCC, LPC, NADD-CC
NADD Membership Offer
NADD is offering a special introductory new member rate of $99 for 2013.
For a limited time period, NADD has reduced the new individual member fee from $125 to $99. This is a 20% savings available for new NADD members.
Act NOW and SAVE!
Click here to join.
Click here to read about the benefits of NADD membership.
Accreditation and Certification
An important, pioneering effort to improve clinical, programmatic, and policy procedures and supports.
By establishing standards, the NADD Accreditation and Certification Programs will raise the whole field of dual diagnosis, improving competency and improving how services are delivered, resulting in a better quality of life for individuals with co-occurring ID/MH and MI through improved services.
Click here for details
Available in the NADD Store:
Comprehensive Competence-Based Parenting Assessment
Mental Health & Intellectual Disability: A Training Manual in Dual Diagnosis
Psychotherapy for Individuals with Intellectual Disability
Click here for the Top 100 Products from NADD
Sign up for the NADD Mailing List