The NADD Accreditation and Certification Programs
Developed in association with The National Association of State Directors of Developmental Disabilities Services (NASDDDS)
Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) and mental illness (MI) have complex needs and present clinical challenges to the professionals, programs, and systems that provide care to these individuals. In an effort to raise the level of care, as well as to provide recognition to those programs and professionals offering quality care, NADD, in association with NASDDDS, has introduced four interrelated programs:
- The NADD Accreditation Program – for agencies and programs that provide services to individuals with IDD/MI
- The NADD Competency-Based Clinical Certification Program – for clinicians who provide services to individuals with IDD/MI
- The NADD Competency-Based Dual Diagnosis Specialist Certification Program – for individual who delivers, manages, trains, and/or supervises services for persons with intellectual/developmental disabilities and mental health needs
- The NADD Competency-Based Direct-Support Professional Certification Program – for Direct Support Professionals who provide care to individuals with IDD/MI
Trainings in Certification Competencies
NADD Webinars Feature Certification Competencies
Beginning in 2017, NADD is presenting a series of webinars that will help people prepare for applying for NADD certification and will focus on the competency areas identified in each of the NADD certification areas. Webinars for the Clinical Certification competencies are scheduled for February and March. Click here for details.
Save on NADD Clinical Certification When You Take the Competency Trainings
People who take the Clinical Certification Competency Trainings (webinar or streaming – see below) will be entitled to a discount when they apply for NADD Competency-Based Clinical Certification within one year of taking the training. Save $20 off the cost of NADD Clinical Certification for each training that you take. Take all five trainings and save an extra $25 off the cost of Clinical Certification (in addition to saving 20% on the cost of the trainings).
When you apply for Certification, let us know that you have taken the trainings, so that we can apply the discount.
- NADD Accreditation and Certification Program – Charles Moseley, EdD, Associate Executive Director, NASDDDS
- NADD Accreditation – Hugh Sage, PhD, Executive Director, Liberty of Oklahoma/Robert M. Greer Center
- NADD Accreditation – Kelly Knarr, Regional Director/Director of Training and Development, Fayette Resources
- NADD Accreditation – Bob Coles, Regional Vice President, Meridian Health Services
- NADD Competency-Based Clinical Certification – Alyse Kerr, MS, NCC, LPC, NADD-CC
- NADD Competency-Based Clinical Certification – Tim Barksdale, PsyD, NADD-CC
- NADD Competency-Based Clinical Certification – Jennifer Maenaka Drake, MS, NADD-CC
- NADD Competency-Based Clinical Certification – Deceil Moore, LCSW, NADD-CC
- NADD Competency-Based Clinical Certification – J.C. Edelberg, PhD, NADD-CC
- NADD Competency-Based Dual Diagnosis Specialist Certification – Susan Morris, MSW, RSW, NADD-DDS
- NADD Competency-Based Direct Support Professional Certification – Susan O’Nell
- NADD Competency-Based Direct Support Professional Certification – Erin Paul, NADD-DSP
NADD Membership Requirement:
Organizations seeking accreditation and individuals seeking Clinical or DSP certification must have NADD membership before they can apply for accreditation or certification. Individuals who work for an organization that has a NADD organizational membership are considered members for this requirement. Be sure to have your individual or organizational NADD membership number when you are completing your application. If you do not know your membership number, you may call the NADD office (800-331-5362) for assistance. To join NADD now, click here.
NADD Accreditation Program
- The NADD Accreditation Program Executive Summary
- The NADD Accreditation Program Manual
- Webinar about the NADD Accreditation Program
- NADD Accredited Programs
NADD Competency-Based Clinical Certification Program
- The NADD Competency-Based Clinical Certification Program Executive Summary
- The NADD Competency-Based Clinical Certification Program Manual
- NADD Certified Clinicians
NADD Competency-Based Dual Diagnosis Specialist Certification Program
- The NADD Competency-Based Dual Diagnosis Specialist Certification Program Executive Summary
- The NADD Competency-Based Dual Diagnosis Specialist Certification Program Manual
- NADD Certified Dual Diagnosis Specialists
NADD Competency-Based Direct Support Professional Certification Program
- The NADD Competency-Based Direct Support Professional Certification Program Executive Summary
- The NADD Competency-Based Direct Support Professional Certification Program Manual
- NADD Certified DSP’s
About these programs
Questions and Additional Information
If you have questions or need additional information, you can contact Ed Seliger, Project Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org (phone: 800-331-5362 or 845-331-4336).
Sign up for the NADD Mailing List and receive the NADD eNewsletter
The Benefits of NADD Accreditation
“Our NADD program accreditation was an invaluable experience. Not only did it help us assess and monitor team performance, but we now have solid, ongoing processes that ensure we are consistently following industry best practices for helping those most in need. ”
Bob Coles, Jr. LCSW
NADD Membership Offer
NADD is offering a special introductory new member rate of $99 for 2017.
For a limited time period, NADD has reduced the new individual member fee from $135 to $99. This is a 20% savings available for new NADD members.
Act NOW and SAVE!
Click here to join.
Click here to read about the benefits of NADD membership.
Accreditation and Certification
An important, pioneering effort to improve clinical, programmatic, and policy procedures and supports.
By establishing standards, the NADD Accreditation and Certification Programs will raise the whole field of dual diagnosis, improving competency and improving how services are delivered, resulting in a better quality of life for individuals with co-occurring ID/MH and MI through improved services.
Click here for details
Available in the NADD Store:
Mental Health Approaches to Intellectual/ Developmental Disability: A Resource for Trainers
Robert J. Fletcher, Daniel Baker, Juanita St Croix, & Melissa Cheplic [details]
Demystifying Syndromes II
A Difficult Dream: Ending Institutionalizaiton for Persons with Intellectual Disabilities with Complex Needs
Click here for the Top 100 Products from NADD
Help NADD While You Shop on Amazon
You can help out NADD while shopping on Amazon.com.
Sign up for the NADD Mailing List and receive the NADD eNewsletter