The following sites have recently been added or updated:
- 101 Best Autism and Asperger’s Resources
- PAS-ADD Assessments. Mental health assessments for people with intellectual disability.
- MIDD CCOE: The mission of the MIDD CCOE is to make life better for people with dual diagnoses of mental illness and a developmental disability.
- Midnight in Chicago offers a series of free web seminars/podcasts about aspects of autism spectrum disorder including “Transitioning Autistics Back to School,” “Autism and Vaccines,” “Autism and Bullying,” and “Autism and the Media.” http://www.mic.mypodcast.com/
- The website of Attention Deficit Disorder Resources has over 150 articles written by national ADHD authorities as well as adults with ADHD. Plenty of information for parents too. 100 plus links to ADHD-related websites. Includes the National ADHD Directory with over 1100 ADHD Service Providers listed as well as a National ADHD Events Calendar. Free monthly eNews available.
- The University of Birmingham, in association with the Royal College of Psychiatrists’ LD Faculty and College Research & Training Unit, and MENCAP, has produced the first UK national guideline for the management of behaviour problems in adults with LD. The University hosts a website from which the guideline can be freely downloaded.
- www.bpdworld.org BPDWORLD is a registered charity operating in the UK, offering information, advice and support to any one affected by mental health issues but focusing on borderline personality disorder. Support features include a wide range of online support, a national telephone helpline, and a walk in centre based in Wakefield, England.
- www.ocd-world.org.uk OCD-WORLD provides information; advice and support to any one affected my mental illness but focuses on obsessive compulsive disorder.
- www.phobia-world.org.uk Provides information; advice and support to any one affected my mental illness but focuses on anxiety and phobia’s.
- www.schizophrenia-world.org.uk Provides information; advice and support to any one affected my mental illness but focuses on schizophrenia.
- www.depression-world.org.uk Provides information; advice and support to any one affected my mental illness but focuses on depression.
- www.dissociation-world.org.uk Provides information; advice and support to any one affected my mental illness but focuses on dissociation.
- www.abuse-survivors.org.uk Provides information; advice and support to any one who is a survivor of abuse.
- Tarzana Treatment Centers, Inc. is a full-service behavioral healthcare organization that provides high quality, cost-effective substance abuse and mental health treatment to adults and youths.
- Planned Lifetime Advocacy Network
- The Virtual WCD has been created by H.A. Bruno, LLC to provide a comprehensive forum that educates, informs, brings you the latest news and provides a useful exchange of ideas and products for persons with disabilities and special health care needs, as well as those involved in their care and development.
- National Information Ctr. for Children and Youth with Disabilities NICHCY is the national information and referral center that provides information on disabilities and disability-related issues for families, educators, and other professionals. Our special focus is children and youth (birth to age 22).
- Roundup Fellowship Services and supports for children, teens and adults w/ developmental disabilities. We are a Non-profit organization that offers residential, supported employment, supported living, community participation, in-home training and school services.
- The Fetal Alcohol and Drug Unit is a research unit dedicated to the prevention, intervention and treatment of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS) and Fetal Alcohol Effects (FAE). Our main goals are to conduct research on fetal alcohol and drug effects across the life span, to disseminate information on fetal alcohol and drug effects, to provide consultation for persons of any age thought to be affected by prenatal exposure to alcohol, and to provide training in human behavioral teratology.
- Refinance & Mortgage Guide for People with Disabilities
“The NADD competency-based clinical certification has provided me with an avenue to verify a dual diagnosis specialty. My ability to provide clinical supports to individuals supported both by medical assistance and private insurances has been expanded by allowing me to gain access to closed insurance networks. These networks had been closed to me prior to receiving this certification, allowing this population to remain largely unserved outside of community mental health centers.”
Alyse Kerr, MS, NCC, LPC, NADD-CC
NADD Membership Offer
NADD is offering a special introductory new member rate of $99 for 2013.
For a limited time period, NADD has reduced the new individual member fee from $125 to $99. This is a 20% savings available for new NADD members.
Act NOW and SAVE!
Click here to join.
Click here to read about the benefits of NADD membership.
Accreditation and Certification
An important, pioneering effort to improve clinical, programmatic, and policy procedures and supports.
By establishing standards, the NADD Accreditation and Certification Programs will raise the whole field of dual diagnosis, improving competency and improving how services are delivered, resulting in a better quality of life for individuals with co-occurring ID/MH and MI through improved services.
Click here for details
Available in the NADD Store:
Comprehensive Competence-Based Parenting Assessment
Mental Health & Intellectual Disability: A Training Manual in Dual Diagnosis
Psychotherapy for Individuals with Intellectual Disability
Click here for the Top 100 Products from NADD
Sign up for the NADD Mailing List