Available from the University of Birmingham, UK
Resources concerning managing problem behavior with medication:
- Problem Behaviour in Adults with Intellectual Disabilities: International Guide for Using Medication
- Using Medication to Manage Behaviour Problems Among Adults with a Learning Disability – quick reference guide
- Your guide to taking medicine for behaviour problems – easy read
- Possible audit questions
- Using medication to manage behaviour problems among adults with a learning disability – Main Recommendations
- LD Medications Guideline – University of Birmingham website
Resources concerning transitional services:
- Guidelines for Services for Young People (14-25 Years) with Learning Difficulties/Disabilities and Mental Health Problems/Challenging Behaviours – quick reference guide
- ‘Moving on and Keeping happy’: Your guide to tranisition and good mental health – easy read
- LD Transition Guide – University of Birmingham website
“The NADD competency-based clinical certification has provided me with an avenue to verify a dual diagnosis specialty. My ability to provide clinical supports to individuals supported both by medical assistance and private insurances has been expanded by allowing me to gain access to closed insurance networks. These networks had been closed to me prior to receiving this certification, allowing this population to remain largely unserved outside of community mental health centers.”
Alyse Kerr, MS, NCC, LPC, NADD-CC
NADD Membership Offer
NADD is offering a special introductory new member rate of $99 for 2013.
For a limited time period, NADD has reduced the new individual member fee from $125 to $99. This is a 20% savings available for new NADD members.
Act NOW and SAVE!
Click here to join.
Click here to read about the benefits of NADD membership.
Accreditation and Certification
An important, pioneering effort to improve clinical, programmatic, and policy procedures and supports.
By establishing standards, the NADD Accreditation and Certification Programs will raise the whole field of dual diagnosis, improving competency and improving how services are delivered, resulting in a better quality of life for individuals with co-occurring ID/MH and MI through improved services.
Click here for details
Available in the NADD Store:
Comprehensive Competence-Based Parenting Assessment
Mental Health & Intellectual Disability: A Training Manual in Dual Diagnosis
Psychotherapy for Individuals with Intellectual Disability
Click here for the Top 100 Products from NADD
Sign up for the NADD Mailing List