Nominations Deadline - November 13, 2023
Purpose of the Award
The Frank J. Menolascino Award for Excellence is given annually to honor excellence, extraordinary achievements, and significant contributions in the field of dual diagnosis in the memory of Dr. Frank J. Menolascino.
Criteria for Selection
The Frank J. Menolascino Award for Excellence is given annually to a provider of services to persons with intellectual disabilities and mental health needs, an academician, a researcher, a legislator, an educator, a communications media specialist, an administrator, a family member, or a person with intellectual disabilities.
Candidates should support the ideals and mission of NADD, but do not need to be members of NADD in order to be nominated.
The Award may recognize and honor an individual:
- Whose outstanding service and unique efforts have made significant advances in understanding and knowledge in the field or diagnosis; or
- Whose efforts have called attention to the plight of individuals with dual diagnosis and consequently enhanced the delivery of services; or
- Whose efforts have demonstrated outstanding leadership and commitment to the field of dual diagnosis; or
- Whose efforts have resulted in an improved quality of life for a significant number of persons with intellectual disabilities and mental health needs
- The Award may recognize and honor an individual with intellectual disabilities or a family member who has made a distinctive and unique contribution through which a significant number of persons with intellectual disabilities and mental health needs have benefited from an improved quality of life.
All nominations must include:
- Statement (up to 1,000 words) outlining your reasons for nominating the candidate for consideration for this award
- The candidate’s curriculum vitae
- Candidate’s contact information, including name, address, telephone number, fax number, and email address
- Nominator’s contact information, including name, address, telephone number, fax number, and email address
Nominations may be submitted using the form below or by email with all requirements attached to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2022 – E. Richard Blumberg, PhD
2021 – Daniel Baker, PhD, NADD-CC
2020 – Allison E. Cowan, MD
2019 – Robert J. Fletcher, DSW, NADD-CC
2018 – John McGonigle, PhD
2017 – Donna McNelis, Ph.D., NADD-CC
2016 – Mark Fleisher, MD, NADD-CC
2015 – Dave Hingsburger, M.Ed.
2014 – Todd Stull, M.D.
2013 – Julie P. Gentile, M.D.
2012 – JoAnne Nugent, Ed.D.
2011 – Steven Ruedrich, M.D.
2010 – Joan Beasley, Ph.D.
2009 – Robert Pary, M.D.
2008 – L. Jarrett Barnhill, M.D
2007 – Earl Loschen, M.D.
2006 – Chrissoula Stavrakaki, MD, Ph.D.
2005 – Ann R. Poindexter, MD.
2004 – John Jacobson, Ph.D.
2003 – Scott Stiefel, M.D.
2002 – Anne Hurley, Ph.D.
2001 – Johnny Matson, Ph.D.
2000 – Dick Sobsey, Ed.D.
1999 – Jeffery Fahs, M.D.
1998 – Terrence McNelis, MPA
1997 – Dorothy Griffiths, Ph.D.
1996 – Steven Reiss, Ph.D.
1995 – William Gardner, Ph.D.
1994 – Ludwik Szymanski, M.D.
1993 – Jack Stark, Ph.D.
1992 – Robert Sovner, M.D