Purpose of the Award
The Steven Reiss Research Award is given annually to recognize research that improves our understanding of mental health issues in people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities.
This award will be presented during the 38th Annual NADD Virtual Conference, December 1-3, 2021.
Criteria for Selection
The Steven Reiss Research Award is given annually to a candidate who:
- Has made significant scientific contributions toward the understanding and advancement of mental wellness for people with developmental disabilities.
- Has produced a focused and productive body of applied research which, over the past five years, has advanced best practice in the field of dual diagnosis.
- Has demonstrated research independence and an ability to secure funding to support research in this field over time.
- Has engaged in efforts to communicate and disseminate research results widely through both traditional and nontraditional means including journal articles, presentations, internet venues or other media.
- Has inspired and encouraged other efforts in research in this field through the collaborative nature of their work.
Self-nominations will be accepted, and must include:
- Statement (up to 1,000 words) outlining the reasons for nominating the candidate for consideration for this award
- The candidate’s curriculum vitae
- Letter of recommendation (if self-nominated, two recommendation letters are needed)
- Candidate’s contact information, including name, address, telephone number, fax number, and email address
- Nominator’s contact information, including name, address, telephone number, fax number, and email address
Nomination Deadline: October 26, 2021
Submit your nominations using the form below or by email with all requirements attached to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2020 – Angela Hassiotis, MD, PhD, FRCPsych
2019 – Joanne VanDerNagel, MD, PhD
2018 – Sally-Ann Cooper, OBE, BSc, MD, FRCPsych
2017 – Yona Lunsky, PhD
2016 – William R. Lindsay, PhD
2015 – Johannes Rojahn, PhD
2014 – Elisabeth Dykens, Ph